• Avoid inserting or dropping foreign objects
(paper, plastic, metal, etc.) into any gaps
or openings on the device (panel, etc.). If
this happens, immediately turn off the
power of the PoE injector or the PoE
network switch, unplug the cable, and
have the device inspected by qualified
Yamaha service personnel.
To avoid the possibility of malfunction/ damage to the product, damage to data, or damage to
other property, follow the notices below.
Handling and maintenance
• Do not use the device in the vicinity of a TV, radio, AV equipment, mobile phone, or other electric
devices. Otherwise, the device, TV, or radio may generate noise.
• Do not expose the device to excessive dust or vibration, or extreme cold or heat (such as in
direct sunlight, near a heater, or in a car during the day), in order to prevent the possibility of
panel disfiguration, unstable operation, or damage to the internal components.
• Do not place vinyl, plastic or rubber objects on the device, since this might discolor the panel.
• When cleaning the device, use a dry and soft cloth. Do not use paint thinners, solvents, cleaning
fluids, or chemical-impregnated wiping cloths.
• Condensation can occur in the device due to rapid, drastic changes in ambient tempera-
ture—when the device is moved from one location to another, or air conditioning is turned on or
off, for example. Using the device while condensation is present can cause damage. If there is
reason to believe that condensation might have occurred, leave the device for several hours
without turning on the power until the condensation has completely dried out.
• Be sure to operate the switch with bare hands. The switch will not work properly if operated with
About functions/data bundled with the device
• Use STP (Shielded Twisted Pair) cable to prevent electromagnetic interference.
• This product contains recyclable components. When disposing of this product, please contact
the appropriate local authorities.
About this manual
• The illustrations and screens as shown in this manual are for instructional purposes only.
• The company names and product names in this manual are the trademarks or registered trade-
marks of their respective companies.
• Software may be revised and updated without prior notice.
4 MCP1 Installation Manual
• Do not rest your weight on the device or
place heavy objects on it. Avoid applying
excessive force to the buttons, switches or
connectors to prevent injuries.
Yamaha cannot be held responsible for
damage caused by improper use or
modifications to the device.