BEFORE FIRST USE
• Before using your blender for the first time, remove any packaging
material and promotional labels.
• Be careful when handling the blades as they are extremely sharp.
• Wash the tumblers, lids, blade assembly and attachments in warm soapy
water with a soft cloth. Rinse and dry thoroughly. All parts (except motor
base) may be washed in the dishwasher, on the top shelf.
• When first using your blender, you may notice an odour coming from the
motor. This is normal and will dissipate with use.
1. Remove blades and position the cup with opening facing up.
2. Add ingredients avoiding filling past the MAX line.
3. Fix the blade assembly in place with a quarter turn in the clockwise
direction. Ensure the blade assembly collar is securely in place before
inverting the cup to blend.
• The blender will only work when the blades and cup are correctly
• With ingredients inside, invert cup, and place onto the motor base using
the alignment graphics.
• To blend, securely hold the cup assembly and twist clockwise on the
base to the ON position.
• When the desired consistency is reached, turn tumbler anti-clockwise to
release and disengage the motor.
• Do not blend continuously for more than 60 seconds at a time. Allow the
motor to rest for 2 minutes before continuing.
• Ingredients can be pulsed by rotating the cup within the bayonet
positions, which will turn the motor on and off.
• When finished blending, wait a few seconds for the blades to stop
spinning before lifting the jar assembly off the motor base.
• Invert the cup and allow the ingredients to run off the blades for a few
seconds before unscrewing blades. Hold by the blade collar, and turn
anti-clockwise to remove.
• For safety, turn the motor base off at the wall and unplug when
OVERLOAD PROTECTION SYSTEM
• The blender is equipped with an internal self-resetting overload protector
to protect the motor from damage under heavy or continuous loads. If the
blender suddenly stops during use, this protector may have tripped.
• Remove the cup, unplug and leave it to cool for at least 30 minutes. Do
not replace the cup assembly while cooling as the protector may reset
causing it to start unexpectedly.
• Tripping the protector indicates that the extractor is being loaded too
heavily, or with excessive continuous use. Reduce the amount of
ingredients used or allow more time in between blending to prevent it
from happening again, which will help preserve the life of the motor.
• The MAX line is usually a good indicator to prevent overly heavy loading,
however some especially dense combinations of ingredients may still
strain the motor. If the motor seems to be straining or running slowly, only
operate for 10 seconds at a time, or reduce the amount of ingredients
used. Adding more liquid can also help to loosen dense mixtures.
HINTS & TIPS
• Never blend hot (or even warm) ingredients. The blades form a seal with
the cups, and there is no venting for steam to be released.
• Always add liquids for optimum blending. If the blending action is not
causing the ingredients to circulate, try adding more liquid.
• If the results are lumpy, try reducing the ingredients, or blending in
• Run the blender only for the appropriate amount of time required – do not
over blend ingredients.
• If foods are thick, use a pulsing action by twisting the cup to engage and
disengage the motor as needed. This will help ingredients circulate.
• To stop blending at any time, rotate the cup anti-clockwise to disengage
• The maximum amount of ice cubes the extractor can process is 4 from a
standard ice tray. This also applies to frozen fruit. Cut fruit into pieces of a
similar size to an ice cube before freezing.
CARE & CLEANING
TUMBLER CUPS AND LIDS
To keep your cups and lids clean, avoid allowing food residue to dry on
them. Follow these steps as soon as possible after use:
• Rinse most of the residue off the blades, cup and lid.
• Hand wash in warm, soapy water using a mild liquid detergent and
To clean the motor base, wipe with a soft, damp cloth then dry thoroughly.
Wipe any excess food particles from the power cord.
• Do not use abrasive scouring pads or cleaners on either the motor base
or the jug, as they may scratch the surface. Use only warm soapy water
with a soft cloth.
• The cups may be rinsed by adding cold water, attaching blades, and
either blending or shaking by hand for 10 seconds.
There is a risk of pressurisation from hot water and/or detergent.
• When rinsing by attaching blades and blending/shaking, never add hot
or even warm water, as the steam produced can create dangerous
pressurisation of steam.
• Do not add detergent, as the foam produced will expand and may cause
The cups, lids and blade assembly may be washed in the dishwasher on
the top shelf only.
STUBBORN FOOD STAINS AND ODOURS
To remove stains and odours, pour warm soapy water and fill to the MAX
mark. Set aside to soak for 5 minutes. Then wash with a mild detergent and
warm water, rinse well and dry thoroughly. Store cups with lids off.
• Exposure to citrus oil may affect the clarity and longevity of the Tritan
cups. After washing in detergent, rinse with plain water thoroughly, and
allow to dry immediately.
• Do not soak if citrus has been blended.
• Do not attach blades when washing with detergent.