by Heston Blumenthal
we are very safety conscious.
We design and manufacture consumer products with the safety of you,
our valued customer, foremost in mind. In addition we ask that you exercise
a degree of care when using any electrical appliance and adhere to the
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE AND SAVE FOR FUTURE
• Before using for the first time please ensure that your electricity supply is
the same as shown on the rating label on the underside of the appliance.
If you have any concerns please contact your local electricity company.
• Remove and safely discard any packaging material and promotional
labels before use.
• To avoid choking hazard for young children, remove and safely dispose
the protective cover fitted on the power plug.
• This appliance is for household use only. Do not use it in moving vehicles
or boats, do not use it outdoors, and do not use it for anything other than
its intended use. Misuse can cause injury.
• This appliance shall not be used by children. Keep the appliance and its
cord out of reach of children.
• Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without
• Children shall not play with this appliance.
• This appliance can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory
or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have
been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a
safe way and if they understand the hazards involved.
• Do not use the appliance near the edge of a countertop or table. Ensure
the surface is level, clean and free of water and other substances. Please
be aware that vibration during use may cause the appliance to move.
• Do not use the appliance on (or close to) a hot gas or electric burner, or
where it could touch a heated oven or surface.
• Do not allow the cord to hang over the edge of a countertop, or to
• To avoid electric shock, do not immerse the cord, plug or motor base in
water (or other liquids).
• Installation of a residual current device (a standard safety switch on your
wall socket) is recommended to provide additional safety protection when
using appliances. It is advisable that a safety switch (with a rated residual
operating current not more than 30mA) be installed in the electrical circuit
supplying the appliance. Contact your electrician for further professional
• In order to avoid the possible hazard of the blender starting by itself
due to inadvertent resetting of the overload protector on the motor, do
not attach an external switching device (such as a timer) or connect the
blender to a circuit that can regularly switch the blender on and off.
• Do not operate appliance with a damaged cord or plug, or after appliance
malfunctions, or if dropped or damaged in any way. Stop use immediately
and contact Sage by phone or email for replacement or repair.
• All maintenance (other than cleaning) is to be done by an authorised
Sage Service Centre.
• Regularly inspect the supply cord, plug and actual appliance for any
damage. If found damaged in any way or maintenance other than
cleaning is required, immediately cease use of the appliance and contact
Sage Customer Service.
SAFEGUARDS FOR YOUR EXTRACTOR BLENDER
• Use only cups, blade assembly and accessories that are supplied with
this blender. The use of attachments or accessories not manufactured or
specified by Sage may cause the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury.
• Always ensure the blender is assembled properly before using. Blades
must be firmly secured to cup before operation to ensure internal
contents do not escape or spray.
• Never attempt to operate or place the blade assembly onto the motor
base without the cup in place.
• Under a heavy load, do not operate continuously for more than 10
seconds. Allow the motor to rest for 1 minute between uses on heavy
loads. A heavy load is defined as per the appliance safety standard
specified load (500mL cup filled to the maximum indicated level with
a mixture comprising two parts by mass of soaked diced carrots and
3 parts water). Any load equivalent to this or heavier should not be
operated for more than 10 seconds at a time. Note that none of the
recipes supplied with this product are considered heavier than this load.
• Do not fill the cup past the MAX level marking as this will cause the
motor to strain under heavy load and may cause potential leakage. It will
also reduce blending performance. Note that some mixtures increase in
volume when blending.
• Do not put any parts or accessories in a microwave.
• Do not blend carbonated liquids, as they will expand.
• Keep hands, fingers, hair and clothing away from the extractor during
use. Always unplug at the wall before touching the motor coupling or
• Be careful when handling and cleaning blades, as they are very sharp.
Mishandling of the blades may cause injury.
• Avoid putting the cup on the motor base while the motor is still spinning.
• The blender is intended for food or drinks preparation. Do not use for
anything other than food or drinks. Do not operate without any ingredients
in the cup.
• Never attempt to operate with damaged blades, or with utensils, or any
foreign objects inside the cup.
• Never blend hot or warm ingredients in this blender.
• Do not put the cup in extremes of heat or cold, for example placing a cold
cup into hot water, or vice versa.
• Always turn the cup to the off position and unplug from the supply
if left unattended, before attempt to move and before assembling,
disassembling or cleaning.
The symbol shown indicates that this appliance should not
be disposed of in normal household waste. It should be taken
to a local authority waste collection centre designated for
this purpose or to a dealer providing this service. For more
information, please contact your local council office.