■1. When creating or deleting folders or files
(1) Number of characters set for a folder or file name when creating a folder or file
GOT recognizes file location according to path explained below.
Specify folder or file name, and total characters of path cannot exceed 78 characters.
Users only can rename folder or file name.
(Other than folder/file name is automatically printed.)
Example: CSV file path in a data storage
(2) Character strings that cannot be set to a folder/file
The following character strings cannot be used as a folder name or a file name. Even small characters of those
cannot be used.
• COM1 to COM9
In addition, the folder/file name showed below cannot be used.
• The folder name which begins with G2
• Folder name and file name which begins with . (period)
• Folder name and file name which ends with . (period)
• Folder name and file name which has only . (one period) or ..(two periods)
(3) For deleting the folder
The folder in which the file exists cannot be deleted.
Delete the folder after having deleted the files.
In addition, on the logging information screen, the files other than logging files are not displayed on GOT.
When the folder, in which there is no file displayed on the screen, cannot be deleted, confirm whether there is other
file in the data storage by using a personal computer, etc.
■2. Precautions for operation
(1) Precautions during folder/file operation (Create/Delete/Copy/File output, etc)
Even if the cover of the SD card interface is opened while the GOT is processing folders and files, the processing
continues to be executed. (Example: Even if the cover of the SD card interface is opened while the GOT is creating a
folder, the folder is created.)
Therefore, do not pull out the SD card while the "Processing..." message is on the screen after the cover of the SD
card interface is opened.
(2) While GOT is accessing to other file (Alarm data, etc)
When folder/file processing for the logging is executed while the GOT is in access to other files (SD card access LED
ON), the GOT executes folder/file processing for the logging after the processing for other files is completed.
Therefore, it may take some time to finish the process of the logging folder/file. (The "Processing..." message is
displayed on the screen.)
Max. 78 characters
If folder is assigned the hierarchy.
The \ mark is displayed between a folder name and folder name, a folder name and file name.
The \ mark is also counted as one character.
• LPT1 to LPT9
6.5 Logging Information
6 - 65