The Simple Motion module has several functions. Refer to the following for details on each function.
MELSEC iQ-R Simple Motion Module User's Manual (Application)
In this manual, the Simple Motion module functions are categorized and explained as follows.
■Home position return control
"Home position return control" is a function (Fast home position return) that established the start point for carrying out
positioning control (Machine home position return), and carries out positioning toward that start point. This is used to return a
workpiece, located at a position other than the home position when the power is turned ON or after positioning stop, to the
home position. The "home position return control" is pre-registered in the Simple Motion module as the "Positioning start data
No. 9001 (Machine home position return)", and "Positioning start data No. 9002 (Fast home position return)".
■Major positioning control
This control is carried out using the "Positioning data" stored in the Simple Motion module. Positioning control, such as
position control and speed control, is executed by setting the required items in this "positioning data" and starting that
positioning data. An "operation pattern" can be set in this "positioning data", and with this whether to carry out control with
continuous positioning data (ex.: positioning data No. 1, No. 2, No. 3, etc.) can be set.
■High-level positioning control
This control executes the "positioning data" stored in the Simple Motion module using the "block start data". The following
types of applied positioning control can be carried out.
• Random blocks, handling several continuing positioning data items as "blocks", can be executed in the designated order.
• "Condition judgment" can be added to position control and speed control.
• The operation of the positioning data that is set for multiple axes can be started simultaneously. (Command is output
simultaneously to multiple servo amplifiers.)
• The designated positioning data can be executed repeatedly,
The Simple Motion module executes the random positioning operation by inputting a signal into the Simple Motion module
from an external device.
Use this manual control to move the workpiece to a random position (JOG operation), and to finely adjust the positioning
(inching operation, manual pulse generator operation), etc.
The following controls other than the positioning control can be executed.
• Speed control and torque control not including position loop for the command to servo amplifier (Speed-torque control).
• Synchronous control with gear, shaft, change gear and cam not by mechanical, but by software use "synchronous control
parameter", and is synchronized with input axis (Synchronous control).
When the main functions are executed, this function compensates and limits controls, or adds functions.
Common control using the Simple Motion module for "Parameter initialization function" or "Execution data backup function"
can be carried out.
3 FUNCTION LIST
3.1 Control Functions