USING THE RICE BOWL
When cooking in the rice bowl, add rice, herbs, seasonings and water directly into the
1. Place the steaming basket onto the drip tray and place the rice bowl with contents
into the steaming basket. Cover steaming basket with the lid.
2. Plug cord into wall outlet and set the timer to desired cooking time, up to 75 minutes.
3. When cooking is finished, unplug the unit and remove the rice bowl immediately to
4. Use the inverted lid as a tray for the steam basket.
Caution: Use pot holders when removing the lid or lifting the steaming basket, drip
tray or rice bowl. Lift the lid away from your face and body to avoid escaping steam.
Care and Cleaning
This appliance contains no user-serviceable parts. Refer service to qualified service
Important: Unplug the unit and allow to cool completely before cleaning.
• Steaming Baskets, Rice Bowl, Lid and Drip Tray
Immerse in hot, sudsy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. These parts can also be washed
in the dishwasher, top rack only.
• Water Reservoir
Clean with hot, sudsy water. Use a non-abrasive plastic brush or mesh scouring pad
to clean the interior. Rinse thoroughly with clean, warm water. do not immerse base
Important: Do not use bleach, abrasive pads or cleaners to clean any part of the unit.
MAINTAINING YOUR UNIT
Mineral deposits left by hard water can clog your unit and cause steam to stop before
food is cooked. Cleaning is recommended every 3 months. The frequency of flushing out
deposits is affected by your usage and water hardness.
1. Fill water reservoir to the Max level (on the water window) with white vinegar.
Important: Do not use any other chemical or commercial descaler.
2. Make sure the drip tray, steaming bakets and lid are in place.
3. Plug unit into wall outlet.
4. Set timer to 25 minutes.
Important: If vinegar begins to boil over the edge of the base, unplug the unit and turn
off the timer. Reduce amount of vinegar.
5. once you hear the bell ring, unplug the unit and let it cool completely.
6. Pour out vinegar from water reservoir and rinse reservoir several times with warm,
STORING YOUR UNIT
nesting basket design makes it easy to store the unit.
1. Unplug unit from wall outlet and let it cool completely.
2. To store, place one basket inside the other.
For service, repair or any questions regarding your appliance, call the appropriate
800 number on the cover of this book. Please DO NOT return the product to the place
of purchase. Also, please DO NOT mail product back to manufacturer, nor bring it to
a service center. You may also want to consult the website listed on the cover of this
TWO-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
(Applies only in the United States and Canada)
What does it cover?
• Any defect in material or workmanship provided; however, Applica's liability will not
exceed the purchase price of product.
For how long?
• Two years from the date of original purchase with proof of such purchase.
What will we do to help you?
• Provide you with a reasonably similar replacement product that is either new or
How do you get service?
• Save your receipt as proof of date of sale.
• Visit the online service website at www.prodprotect.com/applica, or call
toll-free 1-800-231-9786, for general warranty service.
• If you need parts or accessories, please call 1-800-738-0245.
What does your warranty not cover?
• damage from commercial use
• damage from misuse, abuse or neglect
• Products that have been modified in any way
• Products used or serviced outside the country of purchase
• glass parts and other accessory items that are packed with the unit
• Shipping and handling costs associated with the replacement of the unit
• Consequential or incidental damages (Please note, however, that some states do
not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential or incidental damages, so this
limitation may not apply to you.)
How does state law relate to this warranty?
• This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights that
vary from state to state or province to province.
is a registered trademark of The Black & decker Corporation,
Towson, Maryland, USA
Made and Printed in People's Republic of China