Siemens Building Technologies
Fire Safety & Security Products
14. Select the number of additional lines of text that you want the DVR to record.
You can choose from 0 to 10.
15. Highlight the box beside Line Delimiter, and press the
16. Use the virtual keyboard to enter the character(s) that the device uses to
indicate the end of a line.
Special characters can be created using ^ and a capital letter; e.g., ^J for NL
(New Line), ^M for CR (Carriage Return).
Refer to the device manufacturer's documentation for Line Delimiter
17. Highlight the box beside Ignore String, and press the
18. Use the virtual keyboard to enter any strings of text that you want the DVR to
Refer to the device manufacturer's documentation for text strings that the
device sends during transactions, so you will know which ones you do not
19. Highlight the Case Sensitive box, and press the
On and Off.
Refer to the device manufacturer's documentation to determine if the text
strings are Case Sensitive.
If the device distinguishes between upper and lower case letters, make
certain the Case Sensitive box is turned On.
20. Highlight the Actions 1 and Actions 2 tabs.
The Text-In Actions 1 and Actions 2 screens display.
Text-In Actions 1 screen
The DVR can be set to react to text input. Text input can be associated with
cameras, trigger an Alarm-Out connector, sound the DVR's internal buzzer, notify a
number of different devices, and/or move PTZ cameras to preset positions.
Highlight the box under the Record heading and press the
A list of cameras appears.
You can associate as many cameras with the Text Input as you wish. If the
DVR detects text input, it starts recording video from all the associated
button to toggle between