Adjust Noise Limitations (NB/HICUT)
NB (Noise Blanker) detects noise pulses (for example: engine
noises) and attenuates the transceiver for the duration of the
pulse. HICUT attenuates signals higher than a specific threshold.
You can set either NB or HICUT on, or both of them on.
1. Press NB/HICUT (on top of the speaker/microphone) once.
NB on; NB only displays on the LCD.
2. Press NB/HICUT again (twice). HICUT on, NB off; HIC only
displays on the LCD.
3. Press NB/HICUT again (three times). NB and HICUT both on;
both NB and HIC display on the LCD.
Adjust Attenuation (LO/DX)
Press LO/DX to allow automatic RF Gain adjustment for close
1. Press LO/DX. LOCAL displays, indicating that no RF Gain is
2. Press LO/DX again. RF Gain is on to boost weaker signals
and LOCAL goes away.
Set Key Lock
Turning on Key Lock (LOCK key on top of the speaker/
microphone) prevents the keys from operating (except PTT,
volume ▲/▼ , SQL, and POWER).
1. Press and hold LOCK until the key icon displays. Key Lock is
2. Press and hold LOCK until the key icon goes away. Key Lock
Press MENU/ENTER to access the 5 CMX560 menus:
• Memory Scan
• Roger Beep
• Key Beep
• LCD Contrast