2.3.3 Free keys
2.3.4 Alphanumeric block
Siemens AG, 2004. All rights reserved.
SINUMERIK 840D/840Di/810D Operator's Guide Handheld Terminal 6 (BAH) - 03.04 Edition
• The Override rotary button has 19 positions (amounts in %):
0, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100.
• Return to the original softkey bar using the Recall button.
The machine manufacturer may implement a different assignment.
• The eight softkeys are assigned specific meanings according to
operating area and operating mode. They can be seen from the
The softkey function can be activated by pressing or releasing
the button (depending on the settings made by the machine
• Special keys S1/S2 *)
• Function key block U1, ..., U8 *)
*) Can be adjusted and labeled by the machine manufacturer
according to individual customer requirements.
During the adjustment it can be specified whether the reaction should
take place when the button is pressed or released.
• Number keys
The keys have multiple assignments. Special characters and
letters can be selected by pressing the buttons repeatedly after
switching over with the Shift key (see below) (similarly to text
input on a mobile phone).
• Switchover (SHIFT) key letters ↔ numbers
(modal, only becomes effective on release)
2.3 Operating devices