IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTES _______________________________________________
- Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided, WILL result in death or serious injury.
- Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, COULD result in death or serious
- Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, MAY result in minor or moderate injury
and property damage. It may also be used to alert against unsafe practices.
- Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided, MAY result in property damage. It may
also be used to alert against unsafe practices.
For pictorial clarity, some illustrations in this manual may show shields, guards, or plates, open or removed. Under no
circumstances should this equipment be operated without these devices securely fastened in place.
The Interlock System on this mower prevents the mower from starting unless
the brake lever is engaged, PTO switch is off and traction pedal is in neutral.
The system will stop the engine if the operator leaves the seat without
engaging the parking brake or setting the PTO switch off.
NEVER operate mower unless the Interlock System is working.
1. Before leaving the operator's position for any reason:
2. Keep hands, feet, and clothing away from moving parts. Wait for all
3. Keep the area of operation clear of all bystanders and pets.
4. Never carry passengers, unless a seat is provided for them.
5. Never operate mowing equipment without the discharge deflector
By following all instructions in this manual, you will prolong the life of your machine and maintain its maximum
efficiency. Adjustments and maintenance should always be performed by a qualified technician.
If additional information or service is needed, contact your Authorized Jacobsen Dealer who is kept informed of the
latest methods to service this equipment and can provide prompt and efficient service. Use of other than original or
authorized Jacobsen parts and accessories will void the warranty.
This safety alert symbol is used to alert you to potential hazards.
a. Return traction pedal to NEUTRAL.
b. Disengage all drives.
c. Lower all implements to the ground.
d. Engage parking brake.
e. Stop engine and remove the ignition key.
movement to stop before you clean, adjust, or service the machine.
securely fastened in place.