Cleaning and Flushing
After each use in salt water or dirty
water, thoroughly clean and flush the
outboard motor with fresh water.
Wash the outside of the outboard
motor with clean, fresh water to
remove mud, salt, seaweed, etc.
Disengage the emergency stop switch
clip from the emergency stop switch,
and pull the recoil starter rope several
times to expel any water remaining in
the water pump.
Touch up any damaged paint, and
coat areas that may rust with Honda
Corrosion Inhibitor, or equivalent.
Lubricate controls with a silicone
Flushing With the Honda Water
1. Tilt down the outboard motor
2. Remove the flush screw from the
WASH screw hole and install the
water hose connector.
3. Attach a hose from a fresh water
faucet to the water hose connector
of the flush kit.
CLEANING AND FLUSHING
4. Remove the propeller (p. 77).
5. Turn on the fresh water supply to
6. Start the engine and run in N
(neutral) for 10 minutes.