Instructions for Use (Printer Driver)
This printer driver is subject to the following restrictions. Keep the following points in mind when using the
Restrictions on the Printer Driver
• When you set up the Page Setup dialog, be sure to begin by selecting the model you are using from
the Format For list. If you select another printer, printing may not be performed properly.
• If the Canon IJ Printer Utility2 does not display the remaining ink level in the Ink Level Information,
check whether the FINE cartridge is properly installed.
• When the Canon IJ Printer Utility2 displays the Ink Level Information, close the cover of the printer.
• The following functions cannot be used in Mac OS, though they can be used in Windows computers.
◦ Duplex Printing
◦ Booklet Printing
◦ Tiling/Poster Printing
• Depending on the application software that you are using, a preview may not be displayed on the left
side of the Print dialog.
• If you connect this printer and AirPort with a USB cable and print, you must install the latest AirPort
• If you are using OS X Mavericks v10.9, close the print status check window when you perform printer
maintenance from the Canon IJ Printer Utility2.
Notes on Adding a Printer
• If you will be installing the Canon printer driver on a Mac OS and using the printer through a network
connection, select the printer name that contains Bonjour in the Add dialog.
If several options are displayed under Use in the Add dialog, choose Canon XXX series (where
"XXX" is your model name) in order to maximize your ability to control settings during printing.
• If you install a Canon printer driver to OS X El Capitan v10.11, OS X Yosemite v10.10 or OS X
Mavericks v10.9 and use a USB connection, the Add dialog may display several selections for Use.
We recommend that you use Canon XXX series (XXX is the model) so that you can specify detailed