I PREVENTION OF ELECTRO STATIC DISCHARGE
The laser diode in the MD recorder unit (optical pickup) may be damaged due to static electricity from clothes or the
human body. Use caution to prevent electrostatic damage when servicing or handling the laser diode.
1. Grounding for electrostatic damage prevention
1. Worktable grounding
Put a grounded conductive material (sheet) or iron sheet on the area where the optical pickup is placed.
2. Human body grounding
Use an anti-static wrist strap to discharge the static electricity from your body.
Anti-static wrist strip
2. Handling of the optical pickup
Do not use a tester to check the laser diode in the optical pickup. The power supply in the tester will damage the
3. Handling Precautions for the MD recorder Unit (Optical Pickup)
1. Handle the MD recorder unit (optical pickup) gently, as it is an extremely high-precision assembly.
2. The flexible cable lines may break if an excessive force is applied to it. Use caution when handling the cable.
3. The semi-fixed resistor for laser power adjustment should not be adjusted. Do not turn the resistor.
I REAR PANELS
M R model
M B model
M G model
M J model
(sheet) or steel sheet