Question 39, L2 – Language Options
No PC if Armed: If system is armed, the control will not communicate with downloading computer.
Keypad Tamper Lockout: If selected, 21 key presses at a keypad without a valid sequence (arm,
disarm, etc.) will disable all keypads for 20 minutes.
There are 4 locations (L1 - L4) in this question. Enter any 4 digits (0-9 Installer code desired). This code
is used to ENTER the system Programming mode via the keypad.
Typically, each installing company uses a unique Installer code in order to prevent
unauthorized people from gaining access to their panels.
Zone and System Descriptor Programming
Zone and System Descriptor Programming is only available when using an LCD keypad. Descriptor
programming is automatically selected when you are in Installer Programming and select a question
number designated as a zone descriptor (questions 41-48) or system descriptor (question 49). While in
descriptor programming, the keypad acts differently than when in regular installer programming. Use
the following procedures while in descriptor programming.
To create a descriptor:
1. Press [✱] then the Question number representing the zone number or system descriptor desired.
2. Press the INSTANT key to move the cursor to the desired location within that Question.
3. Press one of the character display keys (see table below) to display the character set.
4. When the desired character appears, press INSTANT. The character is accepted and the cursor
moves to the next location. To move to a previous location to change a character, if needed, press
5. When the descriptor is complete, accept the entry by pressing [✱] then the next Question number.
Refer to the following chart when entering descriptors:
Section 7 - System Programming
NO PC IF
Default = 0
NOTE: When this
selection is made, the
selected language is as
OMNI-408 = Portuguese
OMNI-408EU = Dutch
DEFAULT = 2468