4-2-3. If ICE Room Fan does not operate
- This refrigerator has BLDC FAN motor. BLDC motor is driven by DC7~12V.
- When COMP ON, normally operates with F-FAN motor.
- If there is any trouble, you should select the self-diagnostic function to check the trouble before power off.
- When pressing the ICE TEST S/W for a certain period of time (over
1.5sec), the function is accomplished. After beginning of TEST
mode, Ice maker heater turns on for initial 2 minutes, if the ice
making temperature is below 0℃.
- If it exceeds 0℃, Ice maker heater turns on for initial 30 seconds.
- After Ice maker heater turns on for 30 seconds, it turns off and
then Ice maker motor turns on.
- As the Ice maker motor turns on, TEST MODE COUNT operates.
(6 minutes count)
- Ambient temperature : 32℃/75%
- Notch : 2℉/38℉(-19.0℃/3.3℃)
Initial full of ice bucket capacity : 794 g, 58ea
Ice Room control temperature
CN76 "6" will generate the pulse signal when motor rotates.
These signals will be input into MICOM.
Unless signals are not input during motor operating, will be ON
10seconds after fan OFF. But if signals are not still taken, the above
operation will be retried four times more. If signals are not taken
continuously, the motor will be restarted after 10 minutes.
This function is against the case that motor movement would be
restrained by foreign matters like ice.
FAN pulse voltage
PCB Typical Ground
The voltage is variable due to pulse signal
but measured about 2~3V with the Multi-
☞ Display for checking the self-diagnostic function
Ice Room FAN ERROR
※ Predicted Cause
① FAN-MOTOR troubles itself
② Bad wiring connections.
③ Wrong Input of the fan motor rotation pulse
☞ Checking method of Ice Room FAN Motor Voltage with the voltage between Ice Room FAN ;
CN76-"1"(Gry) shall be less than DC 7~12V.
- Ice Room FAN Motor Voltage shall be less than DC 7~12V.
1) Ice Room - FAN
Is COMPRESSOR ON ?
Is the voltage between
MAIN PCB Ground J23 JUMMPER
and CN76-"2" (Black) around
Is the Ice
Room temperature suitable for
the Fan working?
Does DC7~12V alternate
with below DC2V between MAIN
PCB Ground J23 JUMMPER
Execute manual operation
FAN works normally
Replace MAIN PCB
PCB Typical Ground