1) For example, if you want to change freezer compartment standard temperature to -4℉(-2°C) by operating
option, do as below. This function is for changing the standard temperature.
In -2℉(-19°C) of current temperature of freezer compartment, if you make the temperature lower to -4℉
(-2°C) by the option, the standard temperature would be controlled -6℉(-21°C)
Therefore, if you change the setting of temperature option to -2℉(-19°C) on the panel, the appliance will be
operated with -6℉(-21°C). It means that standard temperature is controlled -4℉(-2°C) less than setting
temperature in the display.
Basically, all the data in option has cleared from the factory.
Therefore, almost all setting value are "0".
But, some setting values could be changed for the purpose of improving performmance.
You need to check the product manual and/or specification.
2) After changing to the option mode, fresh food compartment "0" , freezer compartment "0" will be displayed.
( Basically fresh food compartment "0", freezer "0" would be set at shipping process, but setting value could
be changed for the purpose of improving product at mass producing process.)
- If fresh food compartment "0" shows only, temperature reference value of freezer compartment will be set
and current freezer compartment temperature code will be displayed on the freezer temperature display.
3) If freezer compartment "4" is set as below freezer compartment code after fresh food compartment "0 is set,
standard temperature of freezer compartment will be lower than -4℉(-2.0°C).
(Refer to the picture "changing the freezer compartment temperature")
: If you wait for 20 seconds after completing the setting, MICOM will save the setting value to the EEPROM
and normal display will be returned and the option setting mode will be canceled.
4) Option changing method as above is the same as all RFG29** model.
5) By the same method as above, it is possible to control the fresh food compartment temperature, water
supply, ice-maker harvest temperature/time, defrost return time, hysteresis by temperature, notch gap by
6) Option function is set in the EEPROM at shipping process in the factory.
You would better not to change the option of your own.
Completing the setting is that option function return to normal display after 20 seconds.
Do not turn off the appliance before returning to the normal display mode.
Option setting function exists in the other items.
We will skip the explanation of the other functions by the option because it is associated
with refrigerator control function and is not needed at SERVICE.
(Please do not set the other options except above SERVICE Manual.)