Different table of features
The following table indicates main different points between models DR-MX10SEK, DR-MX10SE and DR-MX10SEF.
Mark ← as same as left.
This unit has been designed so that the Mechanism and Main
board assemblies can be removed together from the bottom
chassis. Before diagnosing or servicing the circuit boards, take
out the major parts from the bottom chassis.
2.2.1 How to set the "Service position"
(1) Refer to the disassembly procedure and perform the disas-
sembly of the major parts before removing the Mechanism
(2) Remove the screws that fix the Mechanism, Main board as-
sembly to the bottom chassis. If any other screws are used
to fix the boards, remove them also.
(3) Remove the combined Mechanism, HDD, DVD unit,
switching regulator, digital, junction and Main board as-
(4) If any other major parts are used, remove them also.
(5) Connect the wires and connectors of the major parts that
have been removed in steps (1) to (4). (Refer to Fig. 2-2a.)
(6) Place the combined Mechanism, Main board and other
board assemblies upside down.
(7) Insert the power cord plug into the power outlet and then
proceed with the diagnostics and servicing of the board as-
• Before inserting the power cord plug into the power out-
let, make sure that none of the electrical parts are able
to short-circuit between the workbench and the board
• For the disassembly procedure of the major parts and
details of the precautions to be taken, see "Removing
the major parts".
• If there are wire connections from the Main board and
Mechanism assemblies to the other major parts, be sure
to remove them (including wires connected to the major
parts) first before performing step (2).
• When carrying out diagnosis and repair of the Main
board assembly in the "Service position", be sure to
ground both the Main board and Mechanism assem-
blies. If they are improperly grounded, there may be
noise on the playback picture or FDP counter display
may move even when the mechanism is kept in an inop-
SPECIFIC SERVICE INSTRUCTIONS
• In order to diagnose the playback or recording of the
cassette tape, set the Mechanism assembly to the re-
quired mode before placing it upside down. If the mech-
anism mode is changed (including ejection) while it is in
an upside down position the tape inside may be dam-
• For some models, the mechanism and board assem-
blies are attached by connectors only. When carrying
out a diagnosis or repair of the boards in the "Service
position", make sure that the connectors are not dis-
Switch display board assy
L, L', B/G
Main board assy
TP106 PB FM
TP2253 A.PB FM
Operation jack board assy