The FMS must be initialized before the AFIS Key is pressed. See
An AFIS flight plan may be selected at this point. See AFIS FLIGHT
PLAN SELECTION in
When the AFIS Key is first
pressed after power-up and
FMS initialization, the INITIAL-
IZE Page is displayed. See
Figure 8-55. With the excep-
tion of the ETE field, informa-
tion must be entered on this
page before the AFIS MENU
Page can be displayed.
Entries to the ETE field are
optional in the EMB120 and
mandatory in the J32 and J31
1. 20:09: - INSERT GMT hours and minutes if time has not been
received from the FMS or data link. If the time has been received
from the FMS or data link, this field will be filled and the proce-
dure will begin with Step 3.
2. ENTER Key - DEPRESS. Cursor is positioned over FLT #
3. FLT #: INSERT flight number (digits only) of flight.
4. ENTER Key - DEPRESS.
5. DEPT - INSERT departure ICAO identifier (three or four charac-
6. ENTER Key - DEPRESS.
7. DEST - INSERT destination ICAO identifier (three or four charac-
8. ETD - INSERT GMT estimated time of departure.
9. ENTER Key - DEPRESS.
FMS with Regional Airline AFIS