If a fault occurs, first check the points listed below before taking the set for repair. If you are unable to remedy a problem by
following these hints, consult your dealer or service centre.
Under no circumstances should you try to repair the set yourself, as this will invalidate your guarantee.
Hum when using mains adapter
– Adapter used is unsuitable
• Use a good quality regulated 3V DC adapter
Poor sound/ no sound
– Headphone plug not fully inserted
• Insert plug fully
– Volume is turned down
• Turn up volume
– Tape head dirty
• Clean tape head (see MAINTENANCE)
The model number is found at the back of the set and the production number in the battery compartment.
This product complies with the radio interference requirements of the European Union.
Severe radio hum/distortion
– FM aerial (headphone cord) not fully extended
• Extend FM aerial fully
– Set too close to TV, computer, etc.
• Move set away from other electrical equipment
– Batteries weak
• Insert fresh batteries
Front panel controls/ display does not function
– Electrostatic discharge
• Use the tip of the headphone plug/ball-point pen to press
RESET and then reprogramme settings