• I f the device receives an unstable power supply while charging, the touchscreen may not
function. If this happens, unplug the charger from the device.
• W hile charging, the device and the charger may heat up. This is normal and should not
affect the device's lifespan or performance. If the battery gets hotter than usual, the
charger may stop charging.
• I f you charge the device while the multipurpose jack is wet, the device may be damaged.
Thoroughly dry the multipurpose jack before charging the device.
• I f the device is not charging properly, take the device and the charger to a Samsung
The device has a built-in fast charging feature. You can charge the battery more quickly while
the device or its screen is turned off.
This feature may not be available depending on the region or service provider.
About Fast charging
• F ast charging uses battery charging technology that charges the battery faster by
increasing the charging power. The device supports Samsung's Adaptive fast charging
feature and Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0.
• T o use Fast charging on your device, connect it to a battery charger that supports
Adaptive fast charging or Quick Charge 2.0.
Increasing the charging speed
To increase the charging speed, turn the device or its screen off when you charge the battery.
While charging the battery when the device is turned off, the
If the fast charging feature is not activated, on the Home screen, tap Apps → Settings →
Device maintenance → Battery → → Advanced settings, and then tap the Fast cable
charging switch to activate it.
• Y ou cannot use the built-in fast charging feature when you charge the battery
using a standard battery charger.
• I f the device heats up or the ambient air temperature rises, the charging speed may
decrease automatically. This is a normal operating condition to prevent damage to
icon appears on the screen.