Labels on tool
The following symbols are shown on the
Warning! To reduce the risk of injury,
the user must read the instruction
Additional safety instructions for
batteries and chargers
• Never attempt to open for any reason.
• Do not expose the battery to water.
• Do not store in locations where the
temperature may exceed 40 °C
• Charge only at ambient temperatures
between 10 °C and 40 °C.
• Charge only using the charger provided
with the tool.
• When disposing of batteries, follow the
instructions given in the section
"Protecting the environment".
• Use your BLACK+DECKER charger only
to charge the battery in the tool with
which it was supplied. Other batteries
could burst, causing personal injury and
• Never attempt to charge
• Have defective cords replaced
• Do not expose the charger to water.
• Do not open the charger.
• Do not probe the charger.
The charger is intended for indoor
Read the instruction manual before
Fail safe isolating transformer. The
mains supply is electrically
separated from the transformer
The charger automatically shuts o if
the ambient temperature becomes
too high. As a consequence the
charger will be inoperable. The unit
must be disconnected from the
mains supply and taken to an
authorised service centre for repair.
Your charger is double insulated;
therefore no earth wire is required.
Always check that the mains voltage
corresponds to the voltage on the
rating plate. Never attempt to replace
the charger unit with a regular mains
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorised BLACK+DECKER Service
Centre in order to avoid a hazard.
Warning! Never attempt to replace the
charger unit with a regular mains plug.
This tool includes some or all of the
1. On/o switch
2. Forward/reverse slider
3. Bit holder
4. LED work light
6. Charger plug
7. Charging connector