• Use the programmable controller in an environment that meets the general specifications in the
user's manual for the CPU module used.
Failure to do so may result in electric shock, fire, or damage to or deterioration of the product.
• To mount the module, while pressing the module mounting lever located in the lower part of the
module, fully insert the module fixing projection(s) into the hole(s) in the base unit and press the
module until it snaps into place.
Incorrect mounting may cause malfunction, failure or drop of the module.
When using the programmable controller in an environment of frequent vibrations, fix the
module with a screw.
Tighten the screw within the specified torque range.
Undertightening can cause drop of the screw, short circuit or malfunction.
Overtightening can damage the screw and/or module, resulting in drop, short circuit, or
• Shut off the external power supply for the system in all phases before mounting or removing the
Failure to do so may result in damage to the product.
• Do not directly touch any conductive part or electronic component of the module.
This may cause the module to malfunction or fail.
• Connectors for external connection must be crimped or pressed with the tool specified by the
manufacturer, or must be correctly soldered.
Connect the connector part to the module securely.
• Prevent foreign matter such as dust or wire chips from entering the module.
Such foreign matter can cause a fire, failure, or malfunction.
• A protective film is attached to the top of the module to prevent foreign matter, such as wire
chips, from entering the module during wiring.
Do not remove the film during wiring.
Remove it for heat dissipation before system operation.
• Place the cables in a duct or clamp them.
If not, dangling cable may swing or inadvertently be pulled, resulting in damage to the module or
cables or malfunction due to poor contact.
A - 2
A - 2