Familiarize yourself with the following checklist before you get on your Scooter. Some of the checks must be
performed prior to getting on your Scooter.
PRE-RIDE ADJUSTMENTS AND CHECKS
n Have you fully charged the batteries? See V. Batteries and Charging.
n Is the manual freewheel lever in the drive (down) position? See IV. Description. Never leave the manual
freewheel lever pulled up unless you are manually pushing your Scooter.
n Is your proposed path clear of people, pets, and obstacles?
n Have you planned your route to avoid adverse terrain and as many inclines as possible?
n Are you positioned comfortably in the seat? See Getting On Your Scooter, below.
n Is the seat at the proper height? See VII. Comfort Adjustments.
n Is the seat locked securely in place? See VII. Comfort Adjustments.
n Is the tiller handle at a comfortable setting and locked securely in place? See VII. Comfort Adjustments.
n Is the key fully inserted into the key switch? See IV. Description.
n Is the speed adjustment dial set to a slow setting? See IV. Description.
n Are you grasping the handgrips with a thumb resting on each side of the throttle control lever?
See IV. Description.
n Does your horn work properly?
GETTING ON YOUR SCOOTER
1. Make certain that the key is removed from the key switch.
2. Stand at the side of your Scooter.
3. Push down on the seat lock lever and rotate the seat until it faces you.
4. Make certain that the seat is locked securely in position.
5. Position yourself comfortably and securely in the seat.
6. Push down on the seat lock lever and rotate the seat until you face forward.
7. Make certain that the seat is locked securely in position.
8. Make certain that your feet are safely on the floorboard.
OPERATING YOUR SCOOTER
After planning your route:
1. Set the speed adjustment dial to your desired speed.
2. Insert the key into the key switch.
3. With your hands on the handgrips, use your thumb to push the right side of the throttle control lever to
disengage brakes and move forward; the electric brake automatically disengages and your Scooter
accelerates smoothly to the speed you set with the speed adjustment dial.
4. Pull on the left handgrip to steer to the left.
5. Pull on the right handgrip to steer to the right.
6. Move the tiller to the center position to drive straight ahead.
7. Release the throttle control lever to decelerate and come to a complete stop. The electric brake automatically
engages when your Scooter comes to a stop.
8. To move in reverse, use your thumb to push the left side of the throttle lever to disengage the brakes and move
V I .
O P E R A T I O N