9. Using Menu Functions
This allows you to set either to display or not display the
You can set the position by pressing 3/4/2/1.
• Direct touch operation is also possible from the recording
• A histogram is a graph that
displays brightness along the
horizontal axis (black to white)
and the number of pixels at each
brightness level on the vertical
It allows you to easily check a picture's exposure.
• When the recorded picture and the histogram do not
match each other under the following conditions, the
histogram is displayed in orange.
– During Exposure Compensation
– When the flash is activated
– When the correct exposure is not achieved, such as
when the lighting is low.
• The histogram is an approximation in the Recording
This will set the pattern of guide lines displayed when
taking a picture.
] is set, guideline positions can be set by
• You can also set the position directly by touching [
the guideline of the recording screen.
• The guideline is not displayed in the Panorama Shot
The centre of the recording screen will be displayed as [+].
This is convenient for operating the zoom while keeping
the subject at the centre of the screen.