MINIMAX PLUS ELECTRONIC IGNITION LIGHTING/OPERATION -
FOR YOUR SAFETY: READ BEFORE LIGHTING
The MiniMax Plus propane models have special features for additional safety and protection.
Read the safety instructions for natural gas (page 5) before proceeding.
If you do not follow these instructions exactly, a fire or explosion may result causing personal injury, loss of life
and property damage.
Since propane gas is heavier than air, escaping propane will accumulate and remain at ground level. Do not
attempt to light the heater. If you suspect a propane leak, lighting the heater can result in a fire or explosion
which can cause personal injury, death, and property damage.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU SMELL GAS
Do not try to light matches or lighter.
Do not try to light any heater.
Do not touch any electrical switch; do not
use any phone in your building.
Shut off gas line at propane tank.
This MiniMax Plus Propane Heater is equipped with a 100% safety lockout feature. If the pilot does not
light within a maximum of 90 seconds, lockout will occur.
1. STOP! Read the safety information above.
2. Set the thermostat to the lowest setting.
3. Turn off electric power to the heater.
4. This heater is equipped with an ignition device
which automatically lights the pilot. Do not try to
light the pilot by hand.
5. Remove the control access door.
6. Push in gas control knob slightly and turn clock-
Wait five (5) minutes to clear out any gas. If you
then smell gas, STOP! Follow "B" in the safety
information on page 5. If you don't smell gas, go to
the next step.
8. Turn knob on gas control counterclockwise
to "ON"; see Figure 2.
1. Set the thermostat to lowest setting.
2. Turn off all electric power to the heater if
service is to be performed.
3. Remove control access door.
TO TURN OFF GAS TO APPLIANCE
Immediately call your gas supplier from a
neighbor's phone. Follow the gas supplier's
If you cannot reach your gas supplier, call the
Do not tamper with the heater because it is
dangerous and voids all warranties.
9. Replace the control access door.
10. Turn on the electrical power to the heater.
11. Set the thermostat to the desired setting.
12. If the heater will not operate, follow the instruc-
tions "To Turn Off Gas To Heater" and call your
service technician or gas supplier.
Gas control knob shown in "ON" position.
4. Push in gas control knob slightly and turn
to "OFF". Do not force.
5. Replace control access door.
Rev. G 1-22-04