Section 700 - Operation
Technical Manuals Online! - http://www.tech-man.com
3. Press "3."
The EXT LED flashes.
"Call Wait XXX" (where "XXX" is the extension) appears on the
4. If you want to send a text message, dial the desired message code (5-9).
The corresponding message displays on the called party's phone. (If the
called party does not have a display, the party continues to hear a call
5. Remain on the line until the called party picks up.
To answer Call Waiting:
1. The EXT LED flashes, indicating Call Waiting has been sent.
"Call Wait XXX" (where "XXX" is the extension number) appears on the
2. Replace the handset.
The current call is disconnected.
"Call Wait-XXX" appears on the display.
3. Pick up the handset.
You are automatically connected to the extension sending the Call
"Talk-EXT XXX" appears on the display.
Note: To answer a call waiting tone, you may flash the switchhook rather
than hang up. If you flash the switchhook, you are immediately connected
to the waiting party; the other party is dropped.
To answer Call Waiting using the Talk Back key:
A "Talk Back" key ("3) can be assigned to an FF key. The Talk Back key
allows you to answer a waiting call without disconnecting the original call.
1. The LED of the Talk Back key flashes red, indicating Call Waiting has
2. Press the Talk Back key to answer Call Waiting.
Chapter 4. Key Telephone Features