Maintenance and Inspections
When cleaning the machine, first turn OFF the main power switch, and then
disconnect the power cord. Failure to observe these steps may result in a fire or
Disconnect the power cord from the power outlet regularly, and clean the area
around the base of the power plug's metal pins and the power outlet with a dry cloth
to ensure that all dust and grime is removed. If the power cord is connected for a long
period of time in a damp, dusty, or smoky location, dust can build up around the
power plug and become damp. This may cause a short circuit and result in a fire.
Clean the machine using a slightly dampened cloth with a mild detergent mixed with
water. Do not use alcohol, benzene, paint thinner, or other flammable substances.
Check detergent for flammability prior to use. If flammable substances come into
contact with a high-voltage area inside the machine, it may result in a fire or electrical
There are some areas inside the machine which are subject to high-voltages. When
removing jammed paper or when inspecting the inside the machine, do not allow
necklaces, bracelets, or other metal objects to touch the inside the machine, as this
may result in burns or electrical shock.
Do not burn or throw used toner cartridges into open flames, as this may cause the
toner remaining inside the cartridges to ignite, resulting in burns or a fire.