• Pull collar back while holding the cutter in
place (Figure D).
• Rotate to desired position and release the
collar (Figure E).
: Do not operate the
screwdriver with the attachment in either of the
two positions marked with
is not secured in these positions and may fall
off during use (Figure F).
• Make sure your screwdriver's forward/
reverse switch is in the forward position.
• Lightly place blade (2) against work to be cut
as shown in Figure G.
. The attachment
• To switch the trigger on the screwdriver.
• Always hold cutter firmly while cutting.
• To switch the tool off, release the trigger.
This tool is intended for use with paper, fabric,
plastic, cardboard, leather, canvas, wallpaper,
thin rubber, thin carpet, vinyl, and thin wire mesh.
• Cut only with sharp blades; they cut cleaner, faster
and put less strain on the motor while cutting.
• When cutting materials with adhesive
backing periodically clean blades; adhesive
residue will build up on blades reducing the
quality of cut and strain the motor.
• When cutting curves, do not tilt the tool; keep
the blades perpendicular to the work piece.
• Advance blades into the material without
forced effort or unnecessary pressure. A
little practice will enable you to determine
what forward pressure gives you the
removing AttAChment (figure h)
• To remove, pull collar back and rotate
attachment until the arrows (6) line up with
the top and bottom of screwdriver.
• Pull attachment off.
: Remove the attachment from
the tool prior to cleaning.
Use only mild soap and damp cloth to clean
the tool. Never let any liquid get inside the tool;
never immerse any part of the tool into a liquid.
IMpORTANT: To assure product SAFETY
and RELIABILITY, repairs, maintenance and
adjustment (other than those listed in this manual)
should be performed by authorized service
centers or other qualified service personnel,
always using identical replacement parts.
All BLACK+DECKER Service Centers are
staffed with trained personnel to provide
customers with efficient and reliable power
tool service. Whether you need technical
advice, repair, or genuine factory replacement
parts, contact the BLACK+DECKER location
nearest you. To find your local service
location call: 1-800 544-6986.