• This appliance is to be connected and used in
accordance with the information stated on its
• This appliance must be connected to an
earthed socket. If it is absolutely necessary to
use an extension cable, make sure that it is
suitable for 16A and has a socket with an earth
• If the safety fuse fitted in the appliance blows,
the appliance will be rendered inoperative. To
restore normal operation the appliance will
have to be taken to an authorised Technical
• In order to avoid that, under unfavourable
mains conditions, phenomena like transient
voltage drops or lighting fluctuations can
happen, it is recommended that the iron is
connected to a power supply system with a
maximum impedance of 0.27Ω . If necessary,
the user can ask the public power supply
company for the system impedance at the
• The appliance must never be placed directly
under the tap to fill the water tank.
• Unplug the appliance from the mains supply
after each use, or if a fault is suspected.
• The electrical plug must not be removed from
the socket by pulling the cable.
• Never immerse the iron in water or any other
• Do not leave the appliance exposed to weather
conditions (rain, sun, frost, etc.)
This appliance reaches high temperatures and
produces steam during use, this could cause
scalds or burns if not used properly.
The steam hose, base station, metal plate at
the bottom of the removable iron pad (2) and in
particular the iron can get hot when used. This
Never aim the steam at people or animals.
Do not allow the power cable to come into
contact with the soleplate when it is hot.
Be aware that the system can keep on
steaming for a short additional time after
releasing the steam trigger. This is a normal
1. Water tank
2. Removable iron pad
3. Steam hose storage fixing
4. "calc'nClean Plus" scale collector
5. Mains cable storage compartment
6. Mains cable
7. Steam hose
8. "Energy Saving" button *
9. "Steam ready" / "Auto shut-off*" pilot light
10. "on / off" pilot light *
11. Variable steam control *
12. "Refill water tank" / "Clean warning" pilot light*
13. Main power switch (0/I)
14. Iron fixation system "secureLock"
15. Housing with internal steam generator
16. Temperature control knob
17. Steam release button
18. Steam shot button "XTRM" *
19. Iron pilot light
21. Fabric-protection soleplate cover *
* model dependent
1. Release the iron from its lock system (14) by
pulling the lever located at the heel of the iron
2. Remove any label or protective covering from
3. Place the appliance horizontally on a solid,
stable surface. You may remove the iron pad
from the appliance and place the iron on it on
another solid, stable, horizontal surface.
4. Fill the water tank, making sure not to pass the
5. Unwind the mains cable (6) fully and plug it
into an earthed socket.
6. Set the main power switch (13) to the on
7. The "Steam ready" indicator lamp (9) will light
up after several minutes, indicating that the
appliance is ready to use.
The steam generator will take more time to
reach "Steam ready" state only upon the initial
heating up, or after performing the de-scaling
When water is already present in the steam
generator during regular use, heat up time to
reach the operating temperature will be faster.