This set have the test mode function. In the test mode, FM Auto
Scan/Stop Level and MW Auto Scan/Stop Level adjustments can
be performed easier than it in ordinary procedure.
<Set the Test Mode>
1. Set the "OFF" mode.
2. Push the preset 4 button.
3. Push the preset 5 button.
4. Press the preset 1 button for more than two seconds.
5. Then the display indicates all lights, the test mode is set.
<Release the Test Mode>
1. Push the OFF button.
0 dB = 1 µV
Cautions during repair
When the tuner unit is defective, replace it by a new one
because its internal block is difficult to repair.
Note on Adjustment
The adjustments of tuner section, should be performed according
to the following sequence.
1. FM Auto Scan/Stop Level Adjustment
2. FM Stereo Separation Adjustment
3. MW Auto Scan/Stop Level Adjustment
FM Auto Scan/Stop Level Adjustment
1. Set to the test mode.
2. Push the SOURCE button and set to FMI.
3. Push the preset 3 button.
4. Adjust with the volume RV2 on TU1 so that the "FMI"
Adjustment Location : See page 17.
– 15 –
D-BASS switch : OFF
SOURCE button : FMI
FM RF signal
Carrier frequency : 98.00 MHz
: 22 dB (12.6 µV)
: 1 kHz, 22.5 kHz deviation (30%)
indication turns to "FMII" indication on the display window.
But, in case of already indicated "FMII", turn the RV2 so that
put out light "I" indication and adjustment.