What to do if...
If you cannot rectify a fault yourself (e.g. switching off/on), please contact our after-sales service.
We will always find an appropriate solution and will avoid unnecessary visits by engineers. Trust
the expertise of the manufacturer and rest assured that the repair will be carried out by trained
service technicians using original spare parts. The contact details of your local after-sales service
can be found in the enclosed after-sales service directory, or by calling one of these numbers:
– GB 0844 8928999 (Calls from a BT landline will be charged at up to 3 pence per minute. A call
set-up fee of up to 6 pence may apply.)
– IE 01450 2655 (0.03 € per minute at peak. Off peak 0.0088 € per minute.)
When contacting the after-sales service, please quote the appliance's product number (E no.) and
production number (FD) (see under the loading door).
Turn the programme selector to Off and unplug the mains plug from the socket.
The Start/Stop indicator lamp
Mains plug plugged in?
does not light up.
Check the socket fuse.
The display panel light and
Energy-saving mode is activated
indicator lights (depending on
saving mode instructions.
model) go out and the Start/Stop
indicator light flashes.
The Empty water indicator lamp
Empty the condensate container
and the Start/Stop button are
Clean the condensate container filter if necessary
The Clean filter indicator lamp and
Rinse the fluff filter under running water
Start/Stop button are flashing.
Cln appears in the display panel. Not an error. Automatic cleaning of the heat exchanger. Do not
empty the condensate container.
Dryer does not start.
Start/Stop button selected?
Ambient temperature greater than 5 °C?
Water is leaking out.
Make sure the dryer is level.
The door opens by itself.
Push the door closed until you hear it click into place.
Laundry load exceeded?
Remove articles of clothing immediately after the end of the
programme, hang up and pull into shape.
Unsuitable programme selected
Drying result is not satisfactory
Warm laundry feels damper than it actually is.
(laundry feels too damp).
The selected programme does not suit the load. Use another
drying programme or, in addition, select the time programme
Use fine adjustment for the drying result
Fine layer of limescale on the humidity sensors
Programme termination, e.g. tank full, mains power supply
failure, door open or maximum drying time reached.
Drying time too long.
Rinse the fluff filters under running water
Insufficient supply of air
Air inlet possibly blocked
Ambient temperature higher than 35 °C
The humidity in the room increases
Make sure the room is sufficiently ventilated.
Air inlet blocked?
Remove laundry from the dryer immediately and spread out.
This allows the heat to dissipate. Be careful as the door, the
drum and the laundry may be hot.
Other intermittent noises and
Not an error.
Loud humming noise for several
Has the condensate container been properly inserted?
Not an error. Normal noises
see the separate Energy-
Wait 2 hours and start again.
page 1/2 and 6.
Clean the humidity sensors
ensure that air can circulate.
ventilate the room.
Push the condensate container all the way in.
– Pull the appliance plug out of the socket immediately or disconnect the fuse.
ONLY use the
– in rooms inside the house.
– to dry fabrics.
The dryer must
– be used for purposes other than those described above.
– be modified in terms of its technology or properties.
– The dryer must not be used by children or persons who have not been instructed
in its use.
– Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
– Keep pets away from the dryer.
– Remove all objects from pockets,
and lighters in particular
– Do not lean or sit on the door
– Secure loose cables
– Do not operate a dryer if there is a risk of frost.
Mains connection – Connect the dryer to an AC earthed socket according to specifications, otherwise
it cannot be guaranteed that the appliance is completely safe.
– The cable cross-section must be sufficient.
– Only use earth-leakage circuit breakers with the following symbol:
– The appliance plug and socket must be compatible.
– Do not use multiple plugs/connectors and/or extension cables.
– Do not touch or hold the appliance plug with wet hands
– Never pull the appliance plug out of the socket by its cable.
– Do not damage the mains lead
– Only load the drum with laundry.
Check the contents before you switch the dryer on.
– Do not use the dryer if the laundry has been in contact with solvents, oil, wax,
grease or paint (e.g. hair styling products, nail varnish remover, stain remover,
cleaning solvent, etc.)
– Dust (e.g. coal dust, flour) poses a danger: Do not use the dryer
– Do not put laundry containing foamed material/rubber in the dryer
material may be destroyed and the dryer be damaged due to possible deformation
of the foamed material.
– Do not turn off the dryer until the drying process ends, unless the laundry will be
removed quickly and spread out, so that the heat can dissipate.
– When cleaning the fluff filter, make sure that no foreign material (down or filling
material) gets into the air duct opening. If necessary, clean the drum beforehand
with a vacuum cleaner. If foreign material should still get into the air duct
the after-sales service
– Light things, such as long hair, may be sucked into the air inlet of the dryer
Risk of injury.
– Switch off the dryer once the programme has ended.
– The water from condensation is not drinking water and may be contaminated with
– Do not use the dryer if it is defective or if you suspect that it is.
Repairs must only be carried out by the after-sales service.
– Do not use the dryer if the mains cable is defective. To avoid danger, only have
the defective mains cable replaced by the after-sales service.
– Only use genuine spare parts and accessories for safety reasons.
– Pull out the appliance plug, then cut off the mains cable from the appliance.
Dispose of at a municipal waste disposal facility.
– Heat exchangers contain a fluorinated greenhouse gas covered by the Kyoto
– Packaging: Keep all packaging out of reach of babies and children
– All materials are environmentally sound and can be reused. Dispose of in an
Risk of explosion.
Risk of tipping.
Risk of tripping.
Risk of electric shock.
Risk of electric shock.
Risk of fire/explosion.
Risk of explosion
Risk of fire/explosion.
dispose of in a proper manner. Capacity: 0.22 kg.
Risk of suffocation.