Listening to audio
When you are unable to hear any sound from the headphones
If the headphones are used outside the range of the radio waves or the radio waves weaken, reception will
decline and the MUTING function will come on. No sound will then be heard from the headphones. If this
happens, move nearer to the transmitter and the MUTING function will automatically switch off. If the sound is
still broken, reset the headphones to the most appropriate frequency.(
If the sound is broken or noisy when the headphones are in use
(Setting the most appropriate frequency)
The sound may be broken or noisy if the headphones are used outside the range of the radio waves or if
the reception becomes poor due to the interference from other wireless equipment using the 2.4 GHz radio
frequency band, a microwave etc.
Perform the following steps to manually reset the appropriate frequency for transmitting.
Press [ID/TUNING] on the transmitter once.
● The ID/TUNING lamp on the transmitter glows green, the
transmitter changes the frequency and then radio waves
start being transmitted.
● The headphones will automatically detect the emitted
frequency and noise and sound distortion will stop.
When the noise or sound distortion does not stop
Repeat the above step until the most appropriate frequency is set.
● This may not solve the problem if the headphones are being affected by a digital cordless telephone or other
device. In this case, moving the transmitter and the headphones as far as possible from the digital cordless
telephone or other device may stop the noise or sound distortion.
To clean this unit, wipe with a soft, dry cloth.
● Never use alcohol, paint thinner, or benzine to clean this unit.
● Before using chemically treated cloth, read the instructions that came with the cloth carefully.
Supplied rechargeable nickel-metal hydride battery (1 pair) or commercially
available "LR6, AA" alkaline dry cell batteries (2) (not included)
Approx. 380 g (Including supplied rechargeable nickel-metal hydride battery)
Speciﬁcations are subject to change without notice.
below [Setting the most appropriate
10 Hz to 24,000 Hz
Before requesting service, make the below checks. If you are in doubt about some of the check points, or if the
remedies indicated in the chart do not solve the problem, consult your dealer for instructions.
Read [Troubleshooting guide] in the operating instructions of the RP-WF6000 digital wireless surround headphones
(sold separately) as well.
Take both the headphones and the transmitter when you visit your dealer.
Possible cause and suggested remedy
y Put the headphones on again.
y Turn up the volume on the headphones (
y The MUTING function is activated (
● Move into the range of the radio waves.
y The headphones' OPR lamp is not on (
● The supplied rechargeable battery has run down. Recharge them or replace the
alkaline dry cell batteries with new ones. If the OPR lamp is still off, take the unit to
y The ID of the transmitter is not registered on the added headphones (
y The added headphones are being charged.
● Remove the added headphones from the transmitter (
Sound is low.
y Turn up the volume on the headphones (
Sound is broken
y Stay within the range of the transmitter (
y The headphones' OPR lamp dims. Sound is distorted, intermittent or there is
excessive background noise during use (
There is excessive
● The rechargeable battery has run down. Recharge it or replace the alkaline dry cell
batteries with new ones.
y Make sure that there is no other equipment that uses the 2.4 GHz radio frequency
band such as wireless equipment or microwaves near the transmitter or headphones
y Set the most appropriate frequency (
y The OPR/CHARGE lamp on the transmitter does not glow red (
● Check that the headphones are put on the transmitter correctly.
y A dry cell battery is inserted.
● Be sure to insert the supplied nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery.
y A nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery other than the supplied one is inserted.
● Insert the supplied nickel-metal hydride rechargeable battery or a dedicated
replacement battery RP-BP6000 (optional). (
y There is dirt on the charging terminals of the headphones or the transmitter
● Remove it gently with a cotton bud etc.
page 8 [Setting the most appropriate