After use, switch off the hob element by its control and
do not rely on the pan detector.
If the glass ceramic surface / glass surface is cracked,
switch off the appliance to avoid the possibility of
If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by
the manufacturer, an authorized Service or similarly
qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard.
2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
Only a qualified person must
install this appliance.
• Remove all the packaging.
• Do not install or use a damaged
• Obey the installation instruction
supplied with the appliance.
• Keep the minimum distance from the
other appliances and units.
• Always be careful when you move the
appliance because it is heavy. Always
wear safety gloves.
• Seal the cut surfaces with a sealant to
prevent moisture to cause swelling.
• Protect the bottom of the appliance
from steam and moisture.
• Do not install the appliance adjacent to
a door or under a window. This
prevents hot cookware to fall from the
appliance when the door or the
window is opened.
• If the appliance is installed above
drawers make sure that the space,
between the bottom of the appliance
and the upper drawer, is sufficient for
• The bottom of the appliance can get
hot. Make sure to install a non-
combustile separation panel under the
appliance to prevent access to the
• Make sure that the ventilation space of
2 mm, between the worktop and the
front of the below unit, is free. The
warranty does not cover damages
caused by the lack of an adequate
2.2 Electrical Connection
Risk of fire and electrical
• All electrical connections should be
made by a qualified electrician.
• The appliance must be earthed.
• Before carrying out any operation make
sure that the appliance is disconnected
from the power supply.
• Make sure that the electrical
information on the rating plate agrees
with the power supply. If not, contact
• Make sure the appliance is installed
correctly. Loose and incorrect
electricity mains cable or plug (if
applicable) can make the terminal
become too hot.
• Use the correct electricity mains cable.
• Do not let the electricity mains cable
• Make sure that a shock protection is
• Use the strain relief clamp on the cable.
• Make sure the mains cable or plug (if
applicable) does not touch the hot
appliance or hot cookware, when you
connect the appliance to the near
• Do not use multi-plug adapters and
• Make sure not to cause damage to the
mains plug (if applicable) or to the
mains cable. Contact our Authorised
Service Centre or an electrician to
change a damaged mains cable.
• The shock protection of live and
insulated parts must be fastened in