TB7220U ULTRASTAT PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT
POWER THE THERMOSTAT
You can choose from three methods to power the
• Batteries only (AA alkaline).
• 24 Vac direct connection only.
• 24 Vac direct connection with battery backup (AA
Wiring 24 Vac Common
• Single-Transformer System—Connect the common
side of the transformer to the C screw terminal of the
thermostat wallplate. Leave the metal jumper wire in
place between RC and R.
• Two-Transformer System—Connect the common side
of the cooling transformer to the C screw terminal of
the thermostat wallplate. Remove the metal jumper
wire between RC and R.
1. Install two AA alkaline batteries on the back of the
thermostat as marked. See Fig. 21.
BACK OF THERMOSTAT
Fig. 21. Installing batteries.
2. Locate and remove the tab labeled Remove. See
This tab must be removed in order to set the
Fig. 22. Remove tab labeled REMOVE from thermostat
Mount Thermostat to Wallplate
1. Align the terminal screw blocks with the pins on the
back of the thermostat.
2. Push the thermostat straight onto the wallplate until
it snaps into place. See Fig. 23.
Fig. 23. Mount thermostat to wallplate.