No Picture, No Video
The TV will not turn on.
The TV turns off automatically.
There is no picture/video.
RF (Air/Cable) Connection
The TV is not receiving all channels.
The picture is distorted: macro block
error small block, dots, pixelization
The picture will not display in full
The remote control does not work.
The cable/set top box remote control
doesn't turn the TV on or off, or
adjust the volume.
A "Mode Not Supported" message
There is a plastic smell from the TV.
The TV Signal Information is
unavailable in the Self Diagnosis
TV is tilted to the right or left side.
There are difficulties assembling the
The Channel menu is grey out
• Make sure the AC power cord is securely plugged in to the wall outlet and the TV.
• Make sure the wall outlet is working.
• Try pressing the
button on the TV to make sure the problem is not the remote. If the TV turns on, refer to "The
remote control does not work" below.
• Ensure the Sleep Timer is set to Off in the Time menu.
• If your PC is connected to the TV, check your PC power settings.
• Make sure the AC power cord is plugged in securely to the wall outlet and the TV.
• When watching TV from an aerial or cable connection, the TV will turn off after 10 ~ 15 minutes if there is no signal.
• Check cable connections (remove and reconnect all cables connected to the TV and external devices).
• Set your external device's (Cable/Set top Box, DVD, Blu-ray etc) video outputs to match the connections to the TV
input. For example, if an external device's output is HDMI, it should be connected to an HDMI input on the TV.
• Make sure your connected devices are powered on.
• Be sure to select the TV's correct source by pressing the
• Reboot the connected device by reconnecting the device's power cable.
• Make sure the Aerial cable is connected securely.
• Please try Setup (Initial setup) to add available channels to the channel list. Go to
all available channels to be stored.
• Verify the Aerial is positioned correctly.
• Compression of video contents may cause picture distortion, especially on fast moving pictures such as sports and
• A low signal can cause picture distortion. This is not a TV issue.
• HD channels will have black bars on either side of the screen when displaying up scaled SD (4:3) contents.
• Black bars on the top and bottom will appear during movies that have aspect ratios different from your TV.
• Adjust the picture size options on your external device or TV to full screen.
• Replace the remote control batteries with the poles (+/–) in the right direction.
• Clean the sensor's transmission window on the remote.
• Try pointing the remote directly at the TV from 5~6 feet away.
• Programme the Cable/Set top box remote control to operate the TV. Refer to the Cable/Set top box user manual for
the SAMSUNG TV code.
• Check the supported resolution of the TV, and adjust the external device's output resolution accordingly.
• This smell is normal and will dissipate over time.
• This function is only available with digital channels from an Aerial / RF / Coax connection.
• Remove the stand base from the TV and reassemble it.
• Make sure the TV is placed on a flat surface. If you can not remove the screws from the TV, please use a magnetized
• The Channel menu is only available when the TV source is selected.
English - 14
Solutions and Explanations
button on the remote control.
- System - Setup and wait for