Before requesting service, make the below checks. If you are in
doubt about some of the check points, or if the remedies indicated
in the chart do not solve the problem, refer to the "Customer
Services Directory" on page 8.
No sound, there is
a lot of noise or it
is hard to hear the
Play doesn't resume
from the track where
I stopped play
Play doesn't start
from the ﬁrst track
The unit stops
The display is too
dark or too light
The display just
• The HOLD function is on.
• Replace the battery if it is dead.
• Ensure the earphone plug is inserted ﬁrmly.
• Wipe the plug clean with a clean cloth.
• Turn up the volume.
• Keep this unit away from mobile telephones.
■ Concerning the noise heard with
"REMASTER" at "ON"
With some CDs, noise may be heard in
the treble range when playing the MP3 or
WMA ﬁles created from those CDs with
"REMASTER" at the "ON" setting. If noise is
heard, set "REMASTER" to "OFF".
• This doesn't work if:
You download or delete ﬁles, or change the
• The random play mode may be on.
• Play usually resumes from the track where you last
stopped play. Use skip to return to the ﬁrst track.
• Ensure that "FOLDER PLAY" has not been
• Reinsert the battery after taking it out and
keeping it out for 5 seconds, and turn on the
power. If there is still no improvement, reset
the unit. (
page 31, RESET procedure)
• Adjust the contrast. (
• "WAIT..." will be displayed while the unit is
writing data to memory after the USB cable
is removed following recording, and also
while the unit is reading music data when
the unit is turned on. Display time will vary
depending on the number of songs recorded
and the number of folders.
For 500 songs and 50 folders: Approx. 10 seconds