SAfeTy gUIDeLINeS - DefINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual. The information it contains
relates to protecting yOUR SAfeTy and PReveNTINg PROBLeMS. The symbols
below are used to help you recognize this information.
will result in death or serious injury.
could result in death or serious injury.
may result in minor or mod er ate injury.
Used without the safety alert symbol indicates potentially hazardous
situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
IMPORTANT SAfeTy INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliances, basic precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
ReAD ALL INSTRUCTIONS BefORe USINg ThIS APPLIANCe.
the warnings and instructions listed below may result in electric shock, fire and/or
California to cause cancer, birth defects or other reproductive harm such as asbestos
and lead in lead based paint.
use outdoors or on wet surfaces.
• Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary when used by or near
• Use only as described in this manual. Use only manufacturer's recommended
• Do not use with damaged cord or plug. If appliance is not working as it should, has been
dropped, damaged, left outdoors, or dropped into water, return it to a service center.
• Do not pull or carry by cord, use cord as a handle, close a door on cord, or pull cord
around sharp edges or corners. Do not run appliance over cord. Keep cord away from
• Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug, not the cord.
• Do not handle charger, including charger plug, and charger terminals with wet hands.
• Do not put any object into openings. Do not use with any opening blocked; keep free of
dust,lint, hair, and anything that may reduce air flow.
• Keep hair, loose clothing, fingers, and all parts of body away from openings and moving
• Use extra care when cleaning on stairs.
• Do not use to pick up flammable or combustible liquids, such as gasoline, or use in
areas where they may be present.
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as cigarettes, matches, or
• Do not use without dust bag and/or filters in place.
• Do not charge the unit outdoors.
• Use only the charger supplied by the manufacturer to recharge.
• Do not incinerate the appliance even if it is severely damaged. The batteries can
explode in a fire.
Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
Indicates a potentially haz ard ous situation which, if not avoided,
Read all safety warnings and all instructions. Failure to follow
Some household dust contains chemicals known to the State of
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or injury:
To reduce the risk of electric shock – Do not