Important Safety Instructions
When using your telephone equipment, basic safety precautions should always be followed to reduce the
risk of fire, electric shock and injury to persons, including the following:
Read and understand all instructions.
Follow all warnings and instructions marked on the product.
Unplug the product from the wall outlet before cleaning. Do not use liquid cleaners or aerosol cleaners.
Clean with a damp cloth.
Do not use this product near water, for example, near a bathtub, wash bowl, kitchen sink, or laundry
tub, in a wet basement, or near a swimming pool.
Do not place the product on an unstable surface, as a fall may cause serious internal damage.
Slots and openings in the front, back and bottom of the cabinet are provided for ventilation; to protect
it from overheating, these openings must not be blocked or covered. The openings should never be
blocked by placing the product on a bed, sofa, rug, or other similar surface while in use. The product
should never be placed near or over a radiator or other heat source. This product should not be placed
in a sealed environment unless proper ventilation is provided.
The product should only be connected to the type of electrical power supply specified on the product
label. If you are not sure of the type of power supply to your home, consult your dealer or local power
For safety purposes this unit is equipped with a grounded plug. If you do not have a grounded outlet,
please have one installed. Do not bypass this safety feature by tampering with the plug.
Do not allow anything to rest on the power cord. Do not locate this product where the power cord may
be stepped on or tripped on.
To reduce the risk of fire or electric shock, do not overload wall outlets and extension cords.
Do not insert objects of any kind into this product through its slots and openings, as they may touch
dangerous voltage points or short out parts that could result in a risk of fire or electric shock. Never spill
liquid of any kind on or in the product.
To reduce the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble this product. Only qualified personnel should
service this product. Opening or removing covers may expose you to dangerous voltages or other risks.
Incorrect reassembly can cause electric shock.
Unplug this product from the wall outlet and have it serviced by qualified service personnel in the
When the power supply cord or plug is damaged or frayed.
If liquid has been spilled into the product.
If the product has been exposed to rain or water.
If the product does not operate according to the operating instructions. Adjust only the controls that
are explained in the operating instructions. Improper adjustment of other controls may result in
damage and may require service by a qualified technician to restore the product to normal
If the product has been dropped or the cabinet has been damaged.
If product performance deteriorates.
Avoid using wired telephones during an electrical storm. There is a remote risk of electric shock from
Do not use a telephone in the vicinity of a gas leak to report the leak.