Cleaning and Maintenance (continued)
C L E A N I N G T H E A I R F I L T E R
The air filter behind the front grille should be checked and
cleaned at least every 30 days or more often if necessary to
prevent impaired performance of the unit.
NOTE: DO NOT PUT THE AIR FILTER IN AN AUTOMATIC
T O R E M O V E T H E A I R F I L T E R :
• Grip the tab on the filter and pull it out as shown in Fig.A.
• Clean the filter with warm, soapy water. Rinse and let the
filter dry before replacing it. Do not clean the filter in a
dishwasher (see Fig.B).
T O A T T A C H T H E A I R F I L T E R :
Insert the air filter into the unit from the side and push it in.
• DO NOT operate the dehumidifier without a filter because dirt
and lint will clog the unit and reduce performance.
W H E N N O T U S I N G T H E U N I T F O R L O N G P E R I O D S O F T I M E :
• Clean the main unit, tank and air filter.
• Twist the excess cord onto the power cord hook.
• Cover the unit with a plastic bag.
• Store the unit upright in a dry, well-ventilated place.