Questions? Call 800.GE.CARES (800.432.2737) or Visit our Website at: GEAppliances.com
In Canada, call 1.800.561.3344 or Visit our Website at: www.GEAppliances.ca
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Read these instructions completely and carefully.
for local inspector's use.
codes and ordinances.
• Note to Installer – Be sure to leave these
instructions with the Consumer.
• Note to Consumer – Keep these instructions for
• Skill level – Installation of this appliance requires
basic mechanical skills.
• Completion time – Refrigerator Installation
Water Line Installation
• Proper installation is the responsibility of the
• Product failure due to improper installation is not
covered under the Warranty.
MOVING THE REFRIGERATOR INDOORS
If the refrigerator will not fit through a doorway,
the refrigerator door and freezer drawer can be
• To remove the refrigerator door, see Step 1 in
the Reversing the Door Swing section.
• To remove the freezer drawer, see the Removing
the Freezer Drawer section.
WATER SUPPLY TO THE ICEMAKER AND
DISPENSER (ON SOME MODELS)
If the refrigerator has an icemaker, it will have
to be connected to a cold water line. A GE water
supply kit (containing tubing, shutoff valve, fittings
and instructions) is available at extra cost from your
dealer, by visiting our Website at GEAppliances.
com (in Canada at www.GEAppliances.ca) or from
Parts and Accessories, 800.626.2002 (in Canada
Save these instructions
Observe all governing
Models 20, 21, 22 and 23
TOOLS YOU MAY NEED
1/4" Outer Diameter
and Ferrule (sleeve)
(icemaker models only)
3/32", 1/8" and 3/16" Allen
1/8" Drill Bit and
Electric or Hand Drill
3/8" and 5/16" Socket
Phillips Head Screwdriver
1/4" Nut Driver