Additional safety instructions for
batteries and chargers
• Never attempt to open for any reason.
• Do not expose the battery to water.
• Do not store in locations where the
temperature may exceed 40 °C.
• Charge only at ambient temperatures
between 10 °C and 40 °C.
• Charge only using the charger provided
with the tool.
• When disposing of batteries, follow the
instructions given in the section
"Protecting the environment".
Do not attempt to charge damaged
• Use your BLACK+DECKER charger only
to charge the battery in the tool with
which it was supplied. Other batteries
could burst, causing personal injury and
• Never attempt to charge
• Have defective cords replaced
• Do not expose the charger to water.
• Do not open the charger.
• Do not probe the charger.
The charger is intended for indoor
Read the instruction manual before
Your charger is double insulated;
therefore no earth wire is required.
Always check that the mains voltage
corresponds to the voltage on the
rating plate. Never attempt to replace
the charger unit with a regular mains
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer or an
authorised BLACK+DECKER Service
Centre in order to avoid a hazard.
This tool includes some or all of the
1. Variable speed switch
2. Forward/reverse slider
3. Mode selector / torque adjustment collar
5. Speed selector
6. Bit holder
9. Charge indicator
Warning! Before assembly, remove the
battery from the tool.
Fitting and removing the battery (ﬁg. B)
• To ﬁt the battery (7), line it up with the
receptacle on the tool. Slide the battery
into the receptacle and push until the
battery snaps into place.
• To remove the battery, push the release
button (10) while at the same time pulling
the battery out of the receptacle.
Fitting and removing a drill bit or
This tool is ﬁtted with a keyless chuck to
allow for an easy exchange of bits.
• Lock the tool by setting the
forward/reverse slider (2) to the centre
• Open the chuck by turning it (4) with one
hand while holding the tool with the
• Insert the bit shaft into the chuck.