Universal Remote Setup
This TV has a universal remote control feature that lets you control cable boxes, Blu-ray players, home theatres, and
other third-party external devices connected to the TV using the TV's remote control.
Plug the cable into the TV IR connector and then point the transmitter at the other end of the cable towards the
external device's remote panel receiver. However, there can' be any obstacles between the IR extension cable and the
external device. The presence of an obstacle will interfere with the transmission of the remote control signal.
Add the External Device
1. Turn on the external device you wish to set up universal remote function for and then press
the Source screen.
2. Select Universal remote setup from the top of the screen. This initiates the universal remote setup process.
3. Follow the on-screen instruction and set up the universal remote control. If it does not work, set up the remote
control by entering the model number manually.
The initial setup dialog appears when the TV is first activated. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the initial setup
process, including menu language choice, channel scan, network connection, and more. At each step, either make a
choice or skip the step. Users can manually perform this process at a later time under the Screen Menu > System >
If you connect any device to HDMI1 before starting the installation, the Channel Source will be changed to
Set-top box automatically.
If you do not want to select Set-top box, please select Aerial.
Screen Menu > System > Change PIN
Change the TV's password.
1. Run Change PIN and then enter the current password in the password field. The default password is
"0-0-0-0" (France: "1-1-1-1").
2. Enter a new password and then enter it again to confirm it. The password change is complete.
If you forget the PIN code, press the buttons in the following sequence which resets the PIN to
"0-0-0-0" (France: "1-1-1-1"):
For Standard Remote Control: In Standby mode:
For Smart Touch Control: When the TV turnes on:
→ Volume up →
English - 11
→ 8 → 2 → 4 →
→ Volume up →
→ Volume down →
to bring up