Stop Valve Operation Procedure
Size of stop valve
The sizes of the stop valves connected to the system are as listed in the table below.
Opening stop valve (See figure 15)
1. Remove the cap and turn the valve counterclockwise with the hexagon wrench.
2. Turn it until the shaft stops.
Do not apply excessive force to the stop valve. Doing so may break the valve body, as the valve
is not a backseat type. Always use the special tool.
3. Make sure to tighten the cap securely. Refer to the table below
Closing stop valve (See figure 15)
1. Remove the cap and turn the valve clockwise with the hexagon wrench.
2. Securely tighten the valve until the shaft contacts the main body seal.
3. Make sure to tighten the cap securely.
Do not open the stop valve until all piping and electrical steps of "1.2.1. Check Work Prior to
Turn Power Supply On" on page 65 are completed. If the stop valve is left open without
turning on the power, it may cause refrigerant to build up in the compressor, leading to
Always use a charge hose for service port connection.
After tightening the cap, check that no refrigerant leaks are present.
Liquid line stop valve
Gas line stop valve
Stop valve size
For the tightening torque, refer to the table above.
Tightening torque N•m (Turn clockwise to close)
Cap (valve lid)