When prompted to enter password, three attempts are allowed before system
halts. Resetting BIOS password may require computer be returned to dealer.
Setting a Password
Perform the following to set user or supervisor passwords:
1. Use the ↑ and ↓ keys to highlight the Set Supervisor Password parameter and press
Enter. The Set Supervisor Password dialog box appears.
To change an existing password, refer to
Figure 2-4. Set Supervisor Password
2. Type a new password in the Enter New Password field. Passwords are not case
sensitive and the length must not exceed 12 alphanumeric characters (A-Z, a-z, 0-9).
Retype the password in the Confirm New Password field.
3. Press Enter. After setting the password, the computer sets the User Password
parameter to Set.
Password on Boot must be set to Enabled to activate password feature.
4. Press F10 to save changes and exit BIOS Setup Utility.
Removing a Password
Perform the following:
1. Use the ↑ and ↓ keys to highlight Set Supervisor Password and press Enter. The
Set Supervisor Password dialog box appears:
Figure 2-5. Set Supervisor Password
Use care when typing a password. Characters do not appear on the screen.