FOR BEST PERFORMANCE, KEEP MOWER
HOUSING FREE OF BUILT-UP GRASS AND TRASH. CLEAN
THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR MOWER AFTER EACH USE.
CAUTION: Disconnect spark plug wire
from spark plug and place wire where it
cannot come in contact with plug.
Clean the underside of your lawn mower by scraping
to remove build-up of grass and trash.
SERVICE AND ADJUSTMENTS
CAUTION: TO AVOID SERIOUS INJURY,
BEFORE PERFORMING ANY SERVICE
1. Release control bar and stop engine.
2. Make sure the blade and all moving parts have
3. Disconnect spark plug wire from spark plug and
place where it cannot come in contact with plug.
TO ADJUST CUTTING HEIGHT
See "TO ADJUST CUTTING HEIGHT" in the Operation
section of this manual.
The rear deflector, attached between the rear wheels of your
mower, is provided to minimize the possibility that objects
will be thrown out of the rear of the mower into the opera-
tor's mowing position. Replace the deflector if damaged.
TO ADJUST HANDLE (See Figs. 16 and 17)
The handle can be mounted in a high or low position.
The mounting holes in the bottom of lower handle are off
center for raising or lowering the handle.
1. Remove upper handle and wire tie(s) securing cable(s)
to lower handle.
2. Remove klip rings from lower handle bracket mount ing
3. Remove bolts and nuts.
4. Squeeze lower handle in to remove it from mounting
5. Turn lower handle over to raise or lower handle.
6. Squeeze lower handle in and po si tion holes onto
mount ing pins on handle bracket.
7. Reinstall bolts and nuts.
8. Reassemble upper handle and all parts removed from
Maintenance, re pair, or re place ment of the emission con trol
de vic es and sys tems, which are be ing done at the cus tom-
ers expense, may be performed by any non-road engine
repair es tab lish ment or individual. Warranty repairs must
be performed by an authorized engine man u fac tur er's
Your engine speed has been factory set.
Your carburetor is not adjustable.
Clean engine often to keep trash from accumulating.
A clogged engine runs hotter and shortens engine life.
Keep finished surfaces/wheels free of all gasoline, oil, etc.
With the exception of the water washout port (if
equipped), we do not recommend using a garden
hose to clean the outside of your lawn mower unless
the elec tri cal system, muffler, air filter and carburetor
are covered to keep water out. Water in engine can
result in shortened engine life.