General Safety Instructions
Read the operating instructions carefully before putting the appliance into opera-
tion and keep the instructions including the warranty, the receipt and, if possible,
the box with the internal packing. If you give this device to other people, please
also pass on the operating instructions.
• To avoid the risk of fire or an electric shock, you should not expose the device
to rain or moisture. Consequently, do not use the device in the immediate
vicinity of water – for example near a bath tub, a swimming pool or in a damp
• The appliance is designed exclusively for private use and for the envisaged
purpose. This appliance is not fit for commercial use.
• Only connect the device at a properly installed plug socket. Pay attention that
the specified voltage corresponds to the voltage of the plug socket.
• When using external mains supply, pay attention to the correct polarity and
voltage. Always place the batteries in the correct direction.
• Assemble the device in such a way that the available ventilation openings are
• Never open the housing of the device. Incorrect repairs can constitute a
considerable risk for the user. Should the device become damaged, in particular
the mains supply cable, do not operate the device any longer, but rather have it
repaired by an expert. Check the mains supply cable regularly for damage.
• For safety reasons a broken or damaged mains lead may only be replaced by an
equivalent lead from the manufacturer, our customer service department or a
similary qualified person.
• If the device is not used for a longer period, remove the plug connector from
the plug socket or take out the batteries.
These symbols may be found on the machine and are intended to indicate the fol-
The lightning symbol should advise the user of parts in the inside of
the device which carry dangerously high voltage levels.
The symbol with an exclamation mark should advise the user of im-
portant operation or maintenance instructions in the accompanying