Operation and important riding points
Read the Owner's Manual carefully to
become familiar with all controls. If
there is a control or function you do not
understand, ask your Yamaha dealer.
Failure to familiarize yourself with
the controls can lead to loss of con-
trol, which could cause an accident
Starting and warming up a
1. Turn the fuel cock lever to "O"
2. Set the engine stop switch to
3. Turn the starter (choke) on and
completely close the throttle. (See
4. While applying the front or rear
brake, start the engine by pushing
the kickstarter lever down.
5. After starting the engine, move the
starter (choke) back halfway.
6. When the engine is warm, turn the
starter (choke) off and set the en-
gine stop switch to "RUN".
The engine is warm when it responds
quickly to the throttle with the starter
(choke) turned off.
For maximum engine life, never ac-
celerate hard when the engine is