Electrical Shock Hazard
Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
Do not remove ground prong.
Do not use an adapter.
Do not use an extension cord.
Failure to follow these instructions can result in death,
fire, or electrical shock.
4. Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet.
Electronic Ignition System
Initial lighting and gas flame adjustments
Surface burners use electronic igniters in place of standing
pilots. When the cooktop control knob is turned to LITE,
the system creates a spark to light the burner. This sparking
continues as long as the control knob is pushed in.
Check Operation of Surface Burners
1. Push in and turn the surface burners control knobs to LITE.
The surface burner flame should light within 10 seconds.
The first time a surface burner is lit it may take longer than
10 seconds to light because of air in the gas line.
2. Turn the control knobs to HI. Check the flame for a blue
color. It should be clean and soft in character. No yellow
tip, blowing or lifting of flame should occur. Occasional
orange flashes are normal and reflect different elements
in the air or gas.
3. Turn the control knobs to LO and check the flame again.
4. After verifying the proper burner operation, turn the control
knobs to OFF.
If burners do not light properly:
Turn surface burner control knob to OFF.
Check that the power supply cord is plugged in and
the circuit breaker has not tripped or the fuse blown.
Check that the gas shutoff valves are set to the
Check that burner caps are properly positioned on
Recheck operation of surface burners. If a burner does not light
at this point, turn control knobs to OFF, and contact your dealer
or authorized service company for assistance.
Adjust Flame Height
The surface burner Low flame should be a steady blue flame
" (6.4 mm) high.
A. Low flame
B. High flame
If the Low flame needs to be adjusted:
The flame can be adjusted using the adjustment screws
underneath the control knob.
A. Adjustment screw
1. Set the burner flame to LO.
2. Remove the control knob.
3. Tighten screw to reduce flame height. Loosen screw
to increase flame height.
4. Replace the control knob.
5. Test the flame by turning the control from LO to HI,
checking the flame at each setting.