PREPARE HOT WATER LINE
NOTE: GE recommends copper tubing for the water line,
• The water supply line (3/8" copper tubing or flexible
braided hose) may enter from either side, rear or floor
within the shaded area shown.
• The water supply line may pass through the same hole as
the electrical cable and drain hose. Or, cut an additional
1-1/2" diameter hole to accommodate the water line. If
power cord with plug is used, water line must not pass
through power cord hole.
Water Line Connection
• If using a flexible braided supply hose, label the hose with
the installation date to use as reference. Flexible braided
hoses, elbows and gaskets should be replaced every 5
NOTE: Some flexible braided water lines contain a check
valve which may stop the dishwasher from filling.
• Turn off the water supply.
• Install a hand shut-off valve in an accessible location, such
as under the sink. (Optional, but strongly recommended
and may be required by local codes.)
• Water connection is on the left side of the dishwasher.
Install the hot water inlet line, using no less than 3/8"
copper tubing or a flexible braided hose. Route the line as
shown above and extend forward at least 18" from rear
• Adjust water heater for 120°F to 140°F temperature.
• Flush water line to clean out debris.
• The hot water supply line pressure must be 20-120 psi.
18" From Wall
3" From Floor
Opening the door will cause the
dishwasher to tip forward. Do not
open the door until you are ready to
install the dishwasher. If it is necessary
to open the door, hold the top of the
dishwasher securely with one hand and
hold the door with the other hand.
Abrir la puerta hará que el lavaplatos se
incline hacia adelante. No abra la puerta
hasta que esté listo para instalar
el lavaplatos. Si es necesario abrir la
puerta, sostenga la parte superior del
lavaplatos firmemente con una mano y
sujete la puerta con la otra.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Locate and set aside the package containing
2 Phillips head counter top mounting screws
and 2 additional toekick screws (located in the
STEP 1 – CHECK DOOR BALANCE
To check the door balance,hold the top of the diswasher
• Open the door slowly, if the door drops when released,
increase spring tension. If the door closes when released,
• Pull the spring adjustment pin out of the holes, insert in
the next highest or lowest hole and test again.
• Adjust both door springs to the same tension.
• Continue moving the spring pin until door is balance.