When using electrical appliances, basic safety precautions should always be followed,
including the following:
PLEASE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USING
SAFETY GUIDELINES – DEFINITIONS
It is important for you to read and understand this manual.
The information it contains relates to protecting YOUR SAFETY and PREVENT-
ING PROBLEMS. The symbols below are used to help you recognize this
DANGER: Indicates an imminently hazardous situation which, if not avoided,
will result in death or serious injury.
WARNING: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which if not avoided,
could result in death or serious injury.
CAUTION: Indicates a potentially hazardous situation which if not avoided,
may result in minor or moderate injury.
CAUTION: Used without the safety alert symbol indicates a potentially hazard-
ous situation which, if not avoided, may result in property damage.
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF INJURY
Before any use, be sure everyone using this laminator reads and understands all
safety instructions and other information contained in this manual.
CAUTION: Failure to comply with the recommendations outlined in this instruc-
tion manual will void warranty.
WARNING: Read all instructions before operating product. Failure to follow all
instructions may result in electric shock, fire and/or serious injury.
• Use laminator only for its intended use.
• To protect against risk of electric shock, do not use laminator close to water and
do not spill any liquids on laminator, power cord or outlet.
• Do not allow power cord to come in contact with any hot surfaces. Loop cord
around cord wrap when storing.
• Do not operate laminator with a damaged cord, or if the laminator has been
dropped or damaged.
• Let laminator cool completely before putting away.
• To avoid the risk of electric shock, do not disassemble the laminator. Call the
appropriate toll free number listed on the cover of this manual. Incorrect reassem-
bly can cause a risk of electric shock when the laminator is used.
• Place laminator on a flat, secure surface with sufficient space to work comfortably.
• Ensure laminator has adequate ventilation and vent holes in laminator housing
are not covered or obstructed.
• Laminator and pouches may become hot during use. Allow laminated items and
machine to cool prior to handling.
• Do not allow children to use unsupervised.
• Keep pets away from laminator during use.
• Always switch off and unplug the laminator when not in use.
Polarized plugs (one blade is wider than the other) are used on equipment to
reduce the risk of electric shock. When provided, this plug will fit a polarized outlet
in only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the plug. If it
still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician to install the proper outlet. Do not
change the plug in any way.